How it works – a new way to energize our school!
Save Energy and Earn Money for our School:
Energy Troopers encourages people to cut back on energy usage during certain peak periods, reducing carbon emissions. Your school competes against other schools to see who can have the most enrollments and maximum energy savings. Grand prize is $25,000!
How to enroll – it’s simple:
1. Visit http://www.energytroopers.org and click on Enroll Today (You need to be an SDG&E or SCE customer).
2. Choose the school you are fundraising for.
3. Select your utility and enter your utility account information.
4. Sign off on the utility form.
5. Provide ways to contact you when the electricity grid needs your help.
How to save energy – anyone can do it:
1. EnergyTroopers will notify you (the day before and/or the morning of) about specific hours when the grid is strained and running polluting power plants.
2. Save energy during these hours however you can (turn off some lights, turn down the A/C, delay running appliances, such as your washer/dryer, dishwasher, pool pumps, etc.).
3. Watch as the more you save, the closer your school gets to winning prizes and the mega award!
Deadline to sign up is December 9, 2016.
Visit http://www.energytroopers.org for more information.